9th Annual Breakaway Bardog 5k
August 19, 2018 | 9:00am
Benefiting St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
Nine years ago, nine loyal Bardog Tavern patrons founded the Salty Dogs Running Club. Every Monday night, they would race down Center Lane Alley to the finish line at the Underdog Room bar. Since then, Bardog Tavern has partnered with Breakaway Running and the Salty Dogs have grown the annual Breakaway Bardog 5K into a 1500+ participant race! We're proud to announce that this year's race, official race after-party, and 2018 Monroe Avenue Festival will be held on Sunday, August 19, at 9:00AM.
Local businesses will participate in the race afterparty and activities at this year's Monroe Avenue Festival:
- Hosted by Breakaway Running & Bardog Tavern
- Benefiting St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
- Participants from Aldo's Pizza Pies and The Slider Inn
- Slider Rider Food Truck, MemPops
- VIP Tent catered by local restaurants such as Felicia Suzanne's, Bardog Tavern, Aldo's Pizza Pies, and Slider Inn – and quenched by Jameson Irish Whiskey, Fireball Cinnamon Whiskey, and spirits from Old Dominick Distillery
- Craft Beer & Beverage Tent with 20+ craft beers from Eagle Distributing – featuring brews from Bell's Brewery, Sweetwater Brewing Co., Yuengling, and more
- Music by local musicians and a DJ spinning the latest hits
- Dunk tank fundraiser
- A lucky participant gets their head shaved in hopes of raising $10,000!
- Amurica Photo booth
- Face painting for the kids (and adults)
- Appearances from Rocky the Redbird and the Memphis Grizzline, the official drumline of the Memphis Grizzlies
- Raffle prizes from tons of great local businesses
- And, of course, GRANDMA'S MEATBALL EATING CONTEST!!!!!
* Some events may require additional cost and/or donation