8th Annual Breakaway Bardog 5k
August 20, 2017 9am
Benefiting St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
It was eight years ago when a handful of people from Bardog Tavern started the Salty Dogs Running Club and every Monday night could be found sprinting down Center Lane Alley heading to the finish line at the bar in the Underdog Room. Since then, along with our partners at Breakaway Running, Bardog and the Salty Dogs have been growing the annual Breakaway Bardog 5K into the 1500+ participant race that it is today. We are proud to announce the date of this year's race and after party, in conjunction with the 2017 Monroe Avenue Festival to follow on Sunday, August 20, starting at 9AM!
You can expect the following local businesses and activities* at the Race After Party and Monroe Avenue Festival:
- Hosted by Breakaway Running & Bardog Tavern
- Benefiting St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
- Participants from Aldo's Pizza Pies and The Slider Inn
- STIX, Fuel Cafe, Bedrock Eats & more on the way to create this year's first Food Truck Court
- VIP Tent catered by McEwen's Memphis, Felicia Suzanne's Restaurant, Bardog Tavern, Aldo's Pizza Pies, Jameson Irish Whiskey, Fireball Cinnamon Whisky, & Old Dominick
- Special Beer Tent with 20+ Craft Beers from Eagle Distributing featuring Bell's Brewery, Sweetwater Brewing Co., Michelob Ultra and so many other great brews
- Local Live Music form The Michael Brothers, Me & Leah, as well as Marcella & Her Lovers. DJ Superman will also be there.
- Dunk Tank Fundraiser, sign-up HERE and Dabbles Hair Co. Pop-up Salon doing cuts for a cause. Don't forget some lucky participant always gets their head shaved in hopes of raising $10,000!
- Sache T-shirt Truck, Amurica Photo Booth, and many other local vendors
- Face Painting, Cotton Candy, and The 901 Balloon Guy for the kids!
- Appearances from Rocky the Redbird & the Memphis Grizzline official drumline
- Raffle Prizes from tons of great local businesses
- And, of course our annual GRANDMA'S MEATBALL EATING CONTEST!!!!! Sign-up HERE
* Some events may require additional cost and/or donation