8th Annual Breakaway Bardog 5k
August 20, 2017 9am
Benefitting St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
It seems just like yesterday that a handful of the Salty Dog runners were running down the alley for the first time. We have acquired a great race and an epic party – all benefiting St. Jude and it’s all happening on August 20, 2017 starting at 9 a.m.
**NOTE: Special Swag goes to the first 350 registrants… so you better get to registering.
Lots of new features this year including VIP specials from Felicia Suzanne's Restaurant, Bardog Tavern, McEwen's, Aldo's Pizza, and more.
You can expect the following local businesses and activities at the race after party and Monroe Avenue Street Festival. Many of these activities require either a purchased ticket or cash donations. We will update as we add to the list.
- Food (Sliders, Fruit, Pizza, Kabobs, etc.)
- Beer (a lot of it)
- *Beer Tent (25+ Local Crafter Beer)
- Live Music (The Sheiks, Devil Train, The Mighty Souls Brass Band, & DJ Superman from Hot 107)
- Breakaway Running
- Aldo’s Pizza Pies
- St. Jude Research Hospital
- *Dunk Tank Fundraiser - 12 - 6 PM (Bring a change of clothes and a towel if you expect to get dunked for a cause). $1/throw, $3/4 throws
- Cotton Candy
- *Face Painting
- *Raffle – $1 donation per ticket
- Meatball Eating Contest (Time starts at 4:30 PM)!
* Event may require additional cost and/or donation